We’re passionate about your pet’s health!
Welcome to Cedar Way Veterinary Clinic! We are pleased to offer veterinary care for small animals in New Lenox, IL, and the surrounding areas.
Our Reopening Plan
We will be starting in-clinic appointments again shortly!
I know all of you will be happy to hear this and we are excited to be able to see all of you again in person. While the last year and a half has been challenging to say the least, we appreciate all of your cooperation with our curbside appointment protocols. I know it has been difficult being away from your pets during their visits but the best of care as always has been provided for every pet even in your absence and will continue the same in person.
There will be some things that will be changing while a few things will remain the same.
This is Stage 1 of our reopening plan:
Starting Tuesday, June 22nd, we will be allowing our clients inside for their Veterinary Appointments.
There are some limitations to these in-clinic visits.
- When you arrive for your appointment, please call 815-462-7387 for check-in. Once a room is available for your pet, a technician will come to your car to escort you and your pet into the clinic. Please wait in your car until someone comes to get you and your pet.
- One family member will be allowed in the clinic per appointment. Euthanasias will be allowed 2 people in the room for those appointments. Only ADULTS at this time are allowed inside for each appointment during Stage 1 of our reopening plan.
- We will still be offering curbside appointments as well if some clients still prefer this option.
There will be a few things that we will be doing during your appointment to continue to keep our staff safe during this transition.
- If anyone is sick or has symptoms of covid, you will not be allowed into the clinic. This prevents any risk of an outbreak. If you have been exposed, please reschedule your appointment.
- Masks will be required inside the building at all times. This is for the safety of everyone. We will inform you if/when this policy changes.
- Hand sanitizer will be available for use in every room.
- The Doctor will be in the room with you during the appointment. If any medical services need to be rendered such as blood draws, more involved medical procedures, anal glands, bandages, nail trims etc., the pet will be taken to the treatment area for these services as we have done in the past.
- When you are ready to check out, please remain in the exam room and the technician will get you set to check out and get any medications you need going home.
- We will continue to accept all major credit cards, cash, check and care credit. Cash does need to be exactly as we do not have change. Checks will be processed the same day. We do not hold checks or offer payment plans.
For now, our outpatient appointments will remain curbside to limit the initial traffic into the clinic. We will let you know when this changes.
For medication pickup, please still call ahead to request your pet’s medication and we will check you out over the phone as we have been doing so far. Call when you arrive so someone can bring the medication out to you.
Surgery will remain as a curbside drop-off and pickup for now as this has been working so far.
All paperwork will continue to be received via email. This includes medical and surgery plan estimates, surgery information, and medical history.
This will be a learning opportunity for all of us and we appreciate your cooperation as we begin to return to normal.
If you have any questions, please call our office at 815-462-7387.
The Doctors and Staff at Cedar Way Veterinary Clinic.
What makes us different?
We defend and support the well-being of all animals.
We’re open Monday – Saturday with mornings and evenings available.
We practice medicine with wisdom, humanity, love, and empathy.
We are located in the Calistoga Plaza in New Lenox, IL.
Simple and Complex Surgery
We offer excellence in surgical capabilities ranging from basic to involved procedures, including various surgical procedures and laser surgery.
Dental hygiene is just as important to your pet’s overall health as nutrition, proper exercise, and routine grooming.
We offer the latest diagnostic technology, including CBC, chemistries, and digital radiographs (X-rays).
Our Core Values
I am accountable for my performance.
Patients will be cared for as individuals and their needs will be met as such.
We will provide thorough communication and accurate information to our clients.
We will promote value to our clients.
It is my responsibility.
Talk, actions and attitudes that are not perceived as positive will not be tolerated.
Southwest Choice Awards Winner 2017 – 2020
Our doctors are caring, informative, and experienced. To best help you and your pets, our veterinarians attend ongoing educational seminars to help them remain current with advancements in veterinary medicine.
Our veterinary technicians and receptionists are passionate about your pet’s health care and continue with educational training to help ensure you and your pet receive the care that is needed.
Lincoln-Way Reader’s Choice Awards 2021
We were just voted the Lincoln-Way Readers’ Choice Award 2021 winner for best veterinarian in the areas of Mokena, Frankfort, New Lenox, and Manhattan! Thank you for your continued support and for voting for us!
We know you have a lot of choices when choosing the best New Lenox veterinary hospital, and we’re happy that you’ve decided to join the Cedar Way family.
Knowledgeable and friendly staff from the reception to the vet techs and the Veterinarians. The vet commonly gets right down on the floor with our dog and puts him immediately at ease. They also take the time to explain any issues that our pet might be experiencing in terms that we can understand.
We are very happy with the staff at Cedar Way. They love what they do and it shows! Our Labrador, Riley, has been in for multiple surgeries and each time they have shown him love and a high level of expertise for the best care possible. Our family is grateful!